Important: Many capitalized words (e.g., "Site") are defined terms. See Definitions.
This policy governs any kind of processing (including collection, use, transfer, storage, and deletion) of personally identifiable information (any information that may be used to identify a physical person, and any other information associated therewith) about individuals who use the Site or the Service ("personal information"), by Potential Games and its affiliates. This policy applies to our processing of personal information collected through any means, actively as well as passively, online as well as offline, from persons located anywhere in the world.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to, email addresses, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, billing and contact information, demographic information, and other information collected through direct or indirect use of the Site or Service. Personal information may include information that is personally identifiable in isolation (e.g., an email address), as well as information collected in aggregate form (e.g., Site or Service access logs).
Generally, Potential Games will be guided by the following principles when processing personal information:
1. We strive to collect the least amount of personal information necessary, subject to the requirements of the Service.
2. We do not sell or give personal information to third parties except for the operation of the Service. For example, data hosting services may be exposed to stored personal information, and billing services may require your personal information.
3. We will disclose personal information when legally obligated to do so under subpoena or court order, or for law enforcement purposes.
4. We will make reasonable efforts to avoid collecting any personal information from children under the age of 13. (Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using our Services and thus should never have an opportunity to provide personal information to us.)
5. In order to create an Account, you may be required to specify your name, date of birth, country of residence, or other personal information. This information is necessary for compliance with applicable laws, the TOS and EULA, and may be retained and used by the Service.
6. The email address associated with your Account is used to send notifications pertaining to the Service. Your email address shall not be shared with third party services, except when necessary to operate the Service. (If the Service provides additional email notification options that are not pertinent to your Account or the Service, you shall have the option to opt out of such notifications.)
8. Browser cookies (data that your browser stores on your computing device and communicates to Web services) and other forms of user-local storage (data stored on your computing device) are utilized by the Service, which may allow third parties (including other software on your computer, other Web services, or other individuals with access to your computing device) to have access to your account or other information.
(PayPal is a registered trademark of PayPal, Inc.)[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Version Date: Sep 21, 2011